Strategies to follow
for caries control in the current medical model
- Identify the individuals caries
risk and activity by a complete assessment procedure.
- Control oral bacterial levels.
-Restorations as needed ("incision and drainage").
-Chemotherapeutics (refers to use of fluoride varnish, Chlorhexidine rinse,
Xylitol and MI Paste (GC America)).
- Identify measures which will
shift the patient at risk to a low-risk category.
- Identify how non-cavitated lesions
should be treated for remineralization and reversal.
- Cavitated lesions will be treated
in the traditional manner.
- Home and office maintenance