1. Aristotle's definition of science
3. Paul Broca
4. Wilhelm Wundt and Introspection
5. Watson & the Behaviorists
6. Downfall of Behaviorism
7. The "cognitive revolution"
In class worksheet: What's wrong with this experiment?
Principles of Experimentation
1. Parsimony beware complex explanations
2. Population beware bias
3. Methodology beware influence of experimenter
4. Causality "Correlation does not imply causation"
Make sure that you understand independent and dependent variables, and how to interpret a graph.