NEW HIRE PROCESSES
Get Acquainted with your Division Administrator Your Division administrator will guide you through the hire process and assist you throughout your employment in the Department of Medicine. You should work both with your Division administrator and an HR representative to assure a smooth and pleasant hire process. Click here for Division Administrator contact information.
Meeting with a Human Resources Representative as a new employee at the University of Illinois at Chicago you will need to complete new hire transactions as follows.
- Part of your initial hire forms will need to be completed online via NESSIE New Hire (Net Driven Employee Self Service Information Environment). http://newhire.uihr.uillinois.edu . Our office will provide instruction, a logon id, and a password. Forms to be completed consist of an Employee Information Form, Benefit Orientation Enrollment, Direct Deposit, Withholding Allowance (W4), Drug Free Workplace Statement, and Loan Default form. You will also use NESSIE to enroll in benefits. You will need to revisit the NESSIE New Hire site after attending Benefit Orientation to elect your benefit plans .
- Hard copy forms include a I9 form, Staff Directory form, Conditional Hire form, Sanction Review form, and Health Clearance Registration form.
- During your meeting with an HR Representative you will also be given instruction on how to activate your UIC email account, obtain a UIC I-card/Hospital Badge, and sign up for university parking.
Campus HR Benefits Orientation: Campus HR Benefits Orientation is located at 1747 W. Roosevelt Rd, Room 361. You will schedule yourself for this orientation via the NESSIE New Hire site. Orientation is held on Mondays from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Employees of the University of Illinois receive a variety of State of Illinois , as well as University specific benefits. This Division includes specific details on benefits plans available to University of Illinois employees. Enrollment is required within 10 calendar days of hire or benefit eligibility date.
- Domestic Partner Benefit Options
- Employee Assistance Program:
- Child Care:
- Leave (Vacation, Sick, FMLA, etc):
This set-up will be coordinated by your Division administrator. Your involvement is necessary in order to appropriately tailor your office/laboratory to your needs.
- Business Card
- Lab Equipment
Departmental technical support is provided by our Office of Information & Technology. An IT representative is available to service your computer needs and will work with you to ensure efficiency and a seamless process. There are various university services which can sometimes be cumbersome to a new employee. Our IT professionals offer hands-on-assistance and will act as the liaison on your behalf to get things situated and working properly. The Department of Medicine IT office can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Credentialing: All Active, Visiting, and Contract Medical Staff Members are required to complete State of illinois Initial Credentialing forms as well as several other forms as required by the Medical Staff office. You will be contacted by the department medical staff office liaison. For assistance in completing this application please call 312-413-8687. Due to the lengthy process, it is highly recommended that you complete the St. of IL Credentialing form as soon as possible. Click here to view an application.
- Jessie Brown VA Medical Center http://www.chicago.va.gov/
Address: 820 S. Damen, Chicago , IL 60612
The VA Medical Center is an affiliate of UIC. Department of Medicine Physicians may hold an appointment at the VA Medical Center. A Physician's FTE distribution between UIC and the VA Medical Center may at times undergo changes but overall FTE is expected to remain the same. Please note that appointments and compensation from the Jesse Brown VA are mutually exclusive from the University of Illinois.