Shellee Grim PharmD
BS Washington State University, Pullman, WA
PharmD Washington State University College of Pharmacy, Pullman, WA
Residency University of Kentucky Chandler Medical Center, Lexington, KY
Honors and Awards
2006 Professor Recognition Award Nominee
2008 Rho Chi Honor Society, Honorary Member
Dr. Grim is the clinical pharmacist for the Transplant Infectious Diseases program at UIC. She helps to manage the anti-infective therapy of solid organ and bone marrow transplantation recipients.
Areas of Research
Dr. Grim’s research stems from her clinical practice as she is interested in immunocompromised hosts, opportunistic infections, in particular, invasive fungal infections. She is currently studying Candida epidemiology at UIC, the impact of timing and appropriateness of antifungal therapy, and host genetic susceptibility to outcome in candidemia.
- Grim SA, Smith KM, Romanelli F, Ofotokun I. Treatment of azole resistant oropharyngeal candidiasis with topical amphotericin B. Ann Pharmacother 2002;36:1383-6.
- Grim SA, Romanelli F. Viread® (tenofovir disoproxil fumarate). Ann Pharmacother 2003;37:849-59.
- Grim SA, Rapp RP, Martin CA, Evans ME. Trimethoprim/sulfamethoxazole: Is this a viable agent for the treatment of infections caused by methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus? Pharmacotherapy 2005;25(2):253-64.
- Jain R, Clark NM, Diaz-Linares M, Grim SA. Limitations of current antiretroviral agents and opportunities for development. Curr Pharm Des 2006;12(9):1065-74.
- Grim SA, Slover CM, Sankary H, Oberholzer J, Benedetti E, Clark NM. Risk factors for wound healing complications in sirolimus-treated renal transplant recipients. Transplant Proc 2006;38:3520-3.
- Reid GE, Grim SA, Aldeza CA, Janda WM, Clark NM. Rapid development of tigecycline resistance in Acinetobacter baumannii. Pharmacotherapy 2007;27(8):1198-201.
- Grim SA, Pham T, Thielke J, Sankary H, Oberholzer J, Benedetti E, Clark NM. Infectious complications associated with the use of rituximab for ABO-incompatible and positive cross-match renal transplant recipients. Clin Transplant 2007;21(5):628-32.
- Alhyraba M, Grim SA, Benedetti E, Clark NM. Unusual presentation of cytomegalovirus enteritis after liver and kidney transplantation. Transplant Infect Dis 2007;9:343-6.
- Grim SA, Rene L, Gupta S, Clark NM. Safety of linezolid in patients with baseline thrombocytopenia. J Antimicrob Chemother 2008;62:4:850-1.
- Grim SA, Hong I, Freeman J, Edwards C, Clark NM. Daptomycin for the treatment of vancomycin-resistant enterococcal infections. J Antimicrob Chemother 2009;63(2):414-6.
- Grim SA, Clark NM. The role of adjuvant agents in treating fungal diseases. Curr Fungal Infect Reports, in press.
- Reid GE, Grim SA, Sankary H, Benedetti E, Oberholzer J, Clark NM. Early intraabdominal infections associated with orthotopic liver transplantation. Transplantation, accepted for publication.