CERTIFICATE IN NONPROFIT MANAGEMENT COURSES
Course next offered: 3/21/13 - 4/24/2013
Register Here !
Engaging the New Volunteer Workforce: Attracting and Retaining Volunteers to Strengthen Your Organization and Effect Social Change
Many nonprofits fail to develop the infrastructure to attract and retain volunteer
colleagues. In this course, you will learn what needs to be in place before recruiting volunteers. This course will introduce the fundamentals of a talent management approach to recruiting and retaining volunteers in today’s nonprofit organization.
This is an instructor-led course delivered entirely online. It is highly interactive and requires active participation on discussions boards and completion of assigned projects. We estimate spending an average of 8 – 10 hours per week on each Certificate in Nonprofit Management course. For this reason, we highly recommend students participate in no more than two CNM courses at a time.
This intensive five-week course explores the following topics:
• The New Volunteer Workforce: Changing Roles, Changing Demographics
• Common Barriers to Effective Volunteer Management
• Best Practices: Developing a Strategic Volunteer Plan
• Translating For-profit Skills to Nonprofit Agencies
• Wrap up: Attracting, Retaining, Evaluating and Recognizing Volunteers in Your Organization
What you and your organization will gain from this course:
• Working knowledge of the changing scope and composition of today’s volunteer workforce
• Understand common barriers to the effective use of volunteers and identify strategies to overcome them
• Learn the benefits of and basic steps towards developing a strategic volunteer plan
• Understand how for-profit skills and competencies translate to nonprofit organizations
• Access to the best volunteer management resources online