CERTIFICATE IN NONPROFIT MANAGEMENT COURSES
Fundraising Management: Developing, Managing and Evaluating Your Fund Development Plan
This course provides a solid framework for understanding how to manage the fund development process in a nonprofit. Examine the “new normal” in which nonprofits today must generate resources, explore what needs to be in place to support a successful fund development program, discuss sources and strategies for generating revenue and learn the steps involved in creating a fund development plan.
Sample Syllabus - subject to change at the instructor's discretion.
This intensive five-week course explores the following topics:
• Context and Capacity: Fundraising Management in the “New Normal”
• Sources and Strategies for Generating Revenue and Support: An Overview
• Preparing a Fund Development Plan
• From Planning to Implementation: Managing the Unexpected
• Ethics, Accountability and Transparency: Your Fundraising Plan in the Public Eye
Special features of this course:
• A weekly Resource Center provides carefully tailored readings and other resources
• “Studio” activities provide opportunities for new and experienced practitioners to cultivate practical skills
• Original case studies and problem-based learning activities
• In-depth weekly discussions on the real-life challenges and opportunities of fundraising management
• Small class size of 25 participants
What you and your organization will gain from this course:
• Determine your organization’s fundraising readiness
• Identify the broad range of funding sources and strategies available to nonprofits today, including earned income and the importance of fund diversification
• Clarify the roles of board, staff, and other stakeholders
• Recognize the central importance of building strong donor relationships in the prevention and mitigation of unexpected fundraising developments
• Articulate the central importance of ethics, accountability and transparency about fundraising and financial management
• Recognize what the public can learn about your organization’s fundraising history, status and practices from a few quick clicks with a search engine
This is an instructor-led course delivered entirely online. It is highly interactive and requires active participation on discussions boards and completion of assigned projects. We estimate spending an average of 8 – 10 hours per week on each Certificate in Nonprofit Management course. For this reason, we highly recommend students participate in no more than two CNM courses at a time.