CERTIFICATE IN NONPROFIT MANAGEMENT COURSES
Marketing Management: Telling Your Organization’s Story
This course examines the critical elements of the marketing process as it relates to nonprofit organizations. Throughout this course, you will learn how the development of a strong brand and image can effectively communicate and position your messages to the media and public at large.
Sample Syllabus - subject to change at the instructor's discretion.
This intensive five-week course explores the following topics:
• How working knowledge of the marketing process can benefit your organization
• Ways image development and positioning can be used to market nonprofit organizations
• Marketing strategies and appropriate tactic selection to achieve success
• Using “public relations” as an effective marketing tool
• Incorporation of the Web and new social media into marketing campaigns
Special features of this course:
• A weekly Resource Center provides carefully tailored readings and other resources
• “Studio” activities provide opportunities for new and experienced practitioners to cultivate practical skills
• Original case studies and problem-based learning activities
• In-depth weekly discussions on the real-life challenges and opportunities of marketing management
• Small class size of 25 participants
What you and your organization will gain from this course:
• Define your organization’s "product" and discern whether it aligns with the needs/wants of the market
• Determine the organizational “brand” and define the competition
• Decide who will use your product and which media outlets can best reach those markets the most cost-effectively
• Strategize ways promotional techniques can be used to reach different markets
• Discern whether social media is appropriate for communication with your target audience, and learn how to utilize such media responsibly
This is an instructor-led course delivered entirely online. It is highly interactive and requires active participation on discussions boards and completion of assigned projects. We estimate spending an average of 8 – 10 hours per week on each Certificate in Nonprofit Management course. For this reason, we highly recommend students participate in no more than two CNM courses at a time.
Course next offered: 05/23/2013 - 06/26/2013
Registration Opens: 05/03/2013
Click here to register !