CERTIFICATE IN NONPROFIT MANAGEMENT COURSES
Strategic Management: Aligning Mission, Vision and Values
This course presents the concepts of strategic planning and management with innovation and agility, so that an organization's mission, vision, values, programs, and resources may be fully aligned. Students will learn the skills needed to develop these key aspects of a strategic plan and manage its successful implementation.
Sample Syllabus - subject to change at the instructor's discretion.
This intensive five-week course explores the following topics:
• How strategic management benefits a nonprofit organization
• The role strategic planning plays in the larger context of strategic management
• Using mission, vision and values to guide the development of a strategic plan
• Strategies to help successfully implement the strategic plan
• Maintaining sustainable strategic planning practices
Special features of this course:
• A weekly Resource Center provides carefully tailored readings and other resources
• “Studio” activities provide opportunities for new and experienced practitioners to cultivate practical skills
• Original case studies and problem-based learning activities
• In-depth weekly discussions on the real-life challenges and opportunities of strategic management
• Small class size of 25 participants
What you and your organization will gain from this course:
• An understanding of the fundamentals of strategic management
• Define mission, vision, values and strategy in the context of leading an organization
• Identify issues, participants and information essential to a strategic planning process
• Apply key elements of this course to the analysis and development of a completed Strategic Plan
• Discern an organization's success in aligning programs with mission, vision and values
This is an instructor-led course delivered entirely online. It is highly interactive and requires active participation on discussions boards and completion of assigned projects. We estimate spending an average of 8 – 10 hours per week on each Certificate in Nonprofit Management course. For this reason, we highly recommend students participate in no more than two CNM courses at a time.