Offered by the Great Cities Institute at the University of Illinois at Chicago, the 100% online Certificate in Nonprofit Management* is the longest running online nonprofit management program in the country. Since 2000, students from across the country and around the world have come together in a stimulating e-classroom to learn the principles of managing an effective nonprofit organization by addressing the foremost disciplines through instruction and interaction with other nonprofit practitioners and expert faculty.
The Certificate in Nonprofit Management is ideal for:
- Aspiring, New and Experienced Nonprofit Managers
- Members of Nonprofit Boards of Directors
- Career Changers
The certificate program is now comprised of 13 non-credit, intensive five-week courses. To earn the certificate, students select six courses that will advance their career-building objectives. Each course includes lectures, readings, discussions, assignments and other hands-on exercises – all delivered completely online. While each course can be taken on a stand-alone basis, students must successfully complete six courses in any order that they choose to officially earn the certificate.
Certificate in Nonprofit Management Courses:
- Building Partnerships and Collaboration Across Sectors
- Engaging the New Volunteer Workforce: Attracting and Retaining Volunteers to Strengthen Your Organization and Effect Social Change
- Financial Management: Fundamentals for the Nonfinancial Manager
- Fundraising Management: Developing, Managing and Evaluating Your Fund Development Plan
- Individual Donors: Finding, Asking and Keeping Them
- Introduction to Nonprofit Management and Civic Engagement
- Marketing Management: Telling Your Organization’s Story
- Mastering Grant Writing: How to Write a Winning Grant Proposal
- Nonprofit Governance: Building an Effective Board of Directors
- Operations Management: Topics in Organizational Effectiveness
- Program Design and Evaluation: Measuring Impact to Strengthen Programs
- Public Policy Advocacy for Social Change
- Strategic Management: Aligning Mission, Vision and Values
Learn more about CNM students and what they have to say about the program.
*Non-credit certificate of completion.
CNM Program Advantages
- Flexible Schedule: Participate anytime day or night, whenever it fits YOUR busy schedule
- Learn from nonprofit colleagues AND experienced faculty
- A credible education solution – the perfect fit between workshops and graduate degree programs