The course presents a management framework for CHDO Executive Directors (and also for Boards and other senior staff) to oversee the financial operations of a CHDO, and to provide tools and guidance to help with this responsibility.
This five-week course explores the following topics:
- The seven key “tools of financial control”
- Project-level financial management
- Long-term financial survival issues
Special features of this course include:
- Links to useful web content from HUD and other financial experts.
- Integrating projects that will give you hands-on experience in
developing a financial management plan.
- In-depth weekly discussions with other CHDO executives.
- Small class size of 25 participants.
What you and your organization will gain from this course:
- Understanding of CHDO financial management
- Basic financial management and accounting skills
- The ability to recognize the need for internal controls and an external audit and implement a process to achieve both