Materials required for application
University Admission Policy: Bachelor's degree from accredited institution
Minimum Undergraduate GPA: 3.0 for final 60 semester hours
Minimum GRE: No Requirements (no recommended score if taken)
Ranking in Undergraduate Class: Not Required
Admissions Review Cover Sheet
Non-degree applicants to certificate programs should follow the process on this page.
An application is considered to have met the deadline for Fall 2013 if the online application form is submitted by July 15. Non-degree applicants for certificate programs in UPP are required to submit the following documents, and should upload them by August 1. Note that once the online application is submitted, you will be unable to upload any documents for 3-5 days, until the campus Office of Admissions and Records sends you a link for document uploads.
- An official copy of the baccalaureate transcript indicating the earned degree(s). International academic documents that are evaluated by a professional credential evaluation service that holds membership in the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) are also acceptable. A grade point average of 3.0 (A=4.0) in the last 60 hours of the undergraduate degree is required.
- A personal statement: a concise typed statement of the student’s reason for seeking the certificate, particularly how the campus certificate relates to their career and possible educational goals.
- Current resume or curriculum vitae.
- GRE or GMAT scores may be submitted but are not required.
Geospatial Analysis and Visualization Campus Certificate
Program code: 20FS5209NDEG
Public Transit Planning and Management Campus Certificate
Program code: 20FS5455NDEG
DO NOT send any of the materials listed above to the UIC Graduate College, or the Office of Admissions and Records, or the Department of Urban Planning and Policy. These materials must be uploaded through the campus electronic admission site.
Conditions for Non-Degree Students
- The core courses and core concentration courses in the MUPP and/or Ph.D programs are not available to non-degree students.
- Non-degree students later admitted as degree candidates may, by petition, transfer graduate level courses taken as non-degree students in which grades of A or B were earned. The number of transferable hours taken as a non-degree student is up to 12 semester hours for MUPP degree students and 8 hours for Ph.D. degree students.
- Matriculation into our graduate program as a non-degree student does not mean you will be admitted into our degree programs. You must apply for regular admission to the MUPP or Ph.D. degree programs. Our admissions committee will review your application and make a recommendation regarding admittance based on your statement of interest, research agenda (if a PhD applicant) or career goals (if a MUPP applicant), writing sample, letters of reference, and academic qualifications.
Current UIC Students
If you are currently enrolled as a student in UPP, please complete the Intent to Complete GSAV Certificate form on the UPP Forms webpage.
If you are currently enrolled as a UIC student in another department or college, please contact Hazel Brown for information about enrolling in the GSAV Certificate program.
Important Information for International Students
International students may not apply to this program because it is
considered non-degree study; non-degree study on a student visa is not
For additional information please contact:
Admissions and Records Officer