Assists teachers in a classroom of three- to five-year-old children. Position available to both federal and non-federal work study students.
Hours of Employment:
Due to the nature of this position‚ there is little flexibility in the work schedule. The hours for teacher aides average 12.5 hours per week. In order to provide consistency for the children‚ students must commit to a minimum of one full semester.
- Student employees must be active UIC students registered for at least six credit hours.
- Student employees must be at least 18 years of age.
- Interest in and/or previous experience with children preferred but not required.
- Medical exam verifying good health (Center will arrange upon employment)
- Negative TB test (Center will arrange upon employment)
- 3 letters of reference
- Copy of high school diploma or current class schedule
- Clearance on a criminal background check
Available positions and contact information are posted on the UIC Student Employment Website and in the Student Employement Office in the Student Services Building.
Positions are typically open at the beginning of each semester and summer session.
Teaching positions at UIC Children’s Center are classified as Civil Service positions (Title:
Child Development Supervisor). Candidate selection is governed by the State Universities
Civil Service System. The University of Illinois at Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Minimum Qualifications: BA/BS in Early Childhood Education‚ Child Development‚ Elementary Education (with early childhood concentration)‚ Preschool and Family Service‚ or related. IL 04 certificate preferred.
For more information‚ contact Kim Kull‚ Center Director‚ at 312-413-5328.