Home » Training » UIC Undergraduate Students
InTouch Hotline Volunteer Opportunities
How does InTouch work?
The InTouch Hotline is a non-profit organization that offers its services to all members of the Chicagoland community. The Hotline is staffed with student volunteers from a wide variety of backgrounds and academic interests. Anybody interested in listening and helping people work through their issues or concerns is encouraged to apply. Previous experience in counseling or crisis work is not required.
Benefits of Becoming an InTouch Volunteer...
The InTouch Hotline offers student volunteers many unique benefits such as
- gaining valuable interpersonal communication skills that will benefit the volunteer well beyond the Hotline
- providing individuals with a role in which they can directly enhance and improve the quality of life for members of their own community
- offering students practical experience with a well recognized organization Such opportunities can enhance resumes and employment or graduate school prospects
- giving volunteers training and skills in basic counseling and crisis intervention techniques
- giving student volunteers an opportunity for direct interaction with UIC students and faculty in the field of psychology
- earning three credit hours for successful completion of the skills for paraprofessionals course
- an opportunity to continue your education and enhance your skill level through Hotline sponsored workshops and conferences
- an opportunity for seasoned volunteers to acquire supervision skills as they mentor new trainees
- Print the application available on this website
- Fill it out and submit it to Dr. Yoko Mori at the Counseling Center
- One of the program coordinators or a member of their staff will then contact you in order to schedule an in-person interview.
For further information on the UIC Paraprofessional Program or the application process contact the program co-coordinators through one of the following methods.
Mail or Telephone
Yoko Mori, Ph.D.
University of Illinois at Chicago Counseling Center
Suite 2010, Student Services Building M/C 333
1200 West Harrison
Chicago, IL 60607
Telephone Number: (312) 996-3490
Fax Number: (312) 996-7645
[ Back to Top ]