Date: Friday, December 21, 2007 11:34 AM
From: "ESCO automatic digest system" <LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UIC.EDU>
Subject: ESCO Digest - 19 Dec 2007 to 21 Dec 2007 - Special issue (#2007-87)
To: ESCO@LISTSERV.UIC.EDU

There are 5 messages totalling 23375 lines in this issue.

Topics in this special issue:

1. RE; Interesting Pano    ectopic cuspid
2. Interesting pano
3. Interesting pano
4. Interesting Pano
5. Ectopic Molar Post


Date: Wednesday, December 19, 2007 5:02 PM
From: Greg Oppenhuizen <doctoro@MACATAWA.COM>
Subject: RE; Interesting Pano ectopic cuspid

Karen:
Seems like it's ectopic tooth time on the ESCO.
I would remove #A, #B place a Nance and wait and see. The third dimension
in terms of whether the cuspid is palatal or labial will likely tell the
story how this works out.

If you're lucky the premolars will descend and the cuspid will erupt in
some semblance of where it belongs. Either way you deal with the cards you
are dealt at that point. I have had this go both ways.

Greg Oppenhuizen
Holland, MI

 

Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 19:15:56 -0500
From: Lively Orthodontics, P.A. <mdlively@BELLSOUTH.NET>
Subject: Re: Interesting pano

Hi Karen:

I would extract tooth #H,I,J to redirect the UL3 at this time.  I explain to my parents that this gives us a 75% shot at resolving the issue.   On the right side, I would have the two primary molars removed first.  Allow the ectopically erupting premolars to erupt and then deal with the UR3.  Taking out tooth #C at this time just complicates the order of eruption of the teeth and would allow mesial drift of the premolars.  With an end-on occlusion, you might be thinking about extraction of the first premolars.  Should the UR3 move over the next 6 months, you can confidently talk about removing the premolars and would be less likely to have to expose the canine.  If extractions are not the way your are thinking about proceeding down the road, I believe that exposure of the UR3 would have to be a integrated part of your distalization or orthopedic treatment plan.

Happy Holidays ,

Mark


Date: Wednesday, December 19, 2007 5:32 PM
From: Robert Kazmierski, D.M.D. <str8teeth1@VERIZON.NET>
Subject: Interesting Pano

Dear Karen,
I would extract both upper Cs and the upper right D and then take another pan in 6 months. If the UR4 is not getting out of the way of the UR3 or if the UL3 is still erupting into the UL2, then I would have the appropriate teeth exposed at that time. If those teeth are still a problem in 6 months, I wouldn't wait for him to enter the permanent dentition to start treatment. I think its too risky for root resorption. I would have a maxillary Nance appliance made with Wilson inserts and then a wire(s) with a loop(s) on the end coming off of the Nance to an area over the exposed tooth. Then tie threads from the exposed tooth to the wire off of the Nance. The Wilson inserts allow you to remove and clean the Nance at office visits. Good luck.
Rob Kazmierski
Moorestown, NJ


Date: Wednesday, December 19, 2007 2:28 PM
From: Jonathon E. Lee<jelee74@earthlink.net>
Subject: Ectopic Molar Post

RE: Interesting Pano Transposition or or ectopic eruption?? Guiding extraction technique Extracting the #5.4 accelerates the eruption of the #1.4. This will hopefully move it away from the canine and avoid its resorption. This is turn hopefully allows the #1.3 to return to a more normal eruption path. Monitor with a panoramic radiograph in 6-12 months to see if their is any change. Ensure there is sufficient space for the #1.4 to erupt. If the canines start erupting but are still ectopic,  you may want to consider early removal of the deciduous canines on both sides to redirect the eruption of the permanent canines. If this still does not work consider full banding when teeth have erupted and use canine exposure with button and chain technique.

Ronny Marks
18 The Cloisters, St Ives, Sydney, NSW, 2075, Australia
H +612 9440 2029
ronnymar@bigpond.net.au