EHSO CHEMICAL WASTE INFORMATION
- Download the “Unwanted Chemical Removal Form” located below.
- Enter your Principal Investigator (PI) name, requestor name, your office location, phone number, and date
- Enter the location of your materials including the building, lab room number, lab phone number, requestor’s email address, and where the materials are located
at (i.e. Fume hood, Storage Cabinet, Fridge.)
- Enter the proper chemical name (formulas, trade names, abbreviations are not accepted and will result in the rejection of your request), quantity of material,
and unit of measure.
- If more than one chemical is added into a waste container, please provide percentages for every chemical constituent (failure to provide percentages will result
in the rejection of your request.)
- Select the proper physical state of the material (Liquid, Gas, or Solid.)
- If the Chemical Manufacturer (i.e. Sigma-Aldrich, Fisher Scientific) is known, please enter it. If it is not known, leave the field blank.
- If the Chemical Abstract System (CAS) number is known, please enter it. If it is not known, leave the field blank.
- Please leave the Storage Code and EPA WASTE CODE(S) fields blank.
- Once the form has been completed, email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will be notified via e-mail if your request has been accepted or rejected. If your request is rejected, you will
be told what corrections or additional information is needed.
- You will receive a five digit requisition number when your request is accepted. Please refer to this requisition number when inquiring about the status of your request.