- Disaster Service Volunteer - Employees who are certified disaster service volunteers of the American Red Cross or Illinois Emergency Management Agency (IEMA) are eligible for paid leave time in order to participate in disaster relief for a level III or above disaster at the request of the Red Cross or IEMA.
- Election Judge Leave - The Illinois Election Code grants eligible employees unpaid leave time for the purpose of serving as an election judge within the State of Illinois.
- Family Military Leave - An employee who is a spouse or parent of a person called to military service may be eligible for unpaid leave during the time federal or state deployment orders are in effect for the employee's spouse or child.
- Illinois Volunteer Emergency Worker Job Protection Act - The Illinois Volunteer Emergency Worker Job Protection Act provides protection to employees who serve as volunteer emergency workers and are absent from or late to work due to their response to an emergency.
- Jury Duty - Employees are granted leave with pay to satisfy jury duty obligations within their civic jurisdiction.
- Military - A leave of absence shall be granted to an eligible employee who is a member of any reserve component of the United States Armed Forces or of any reserve component of the Illinois State Militia for any period actively spent in military service, in accordance with State and Federal law.
- Voting - General or Special Election - The State of Illinois grants 2 hours of paid time to vote under certain circumstances. State of Illinois law grants eligible employees up to two hours of paid time off for the purpose of voting in a general or special election within the State of Illinois if their working hours on the day of the election begin less than 2 hours after the opening of the polls and end less than 2 hours before the closing of the polls.
- Voting - Primary Election - Employees are encouraged to vote during non-working hours. However, if they are unable to do so, and their employer consents, State of Illinois law grants eligible employees up to two hours, unpaid, for the purpose of voting in a primary election within the State of Illinois.
© Copyright - 2008-2009 - The Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois. All Rights Reserved.