- Funeral / Bereavement - Funeral leave grants employees paid time to attend the funeral and for travel and bereavement time, upon the death of an employee’s immediate family or certain other relatives.
- Holidays - The Board of Trustees determines the University recognized holidays and delegates authority to the President of the University to determine other such days to be designated.
- Parental - Parental leave grants eligible employees up to two weeks of paid leave following the birth of a child, or upon the initial placement or legal adoption of a child under age 18.
- School Conference and Activity Leave - The Illinois School Visitation Rights Act grants employed parents and guardians an allotment of time during the school year to attend necessary educational conferences or activities at their children's schools, if they are unable to meet with educators because of a work conflict.
- Special Leave for Civil Service Employee - Special leaves may be granted for the purpose of continuing employment for individuals whose performance warrants it and who request such leave for sufficient cause.
- Vacation - Eligible employees are granted vacation leave, a pre-approved paid absence from work, to be used for personal and vacation reasons. Leave for vacation purposes will be arranged with due regard for operating needs of the University and to accommodate the convenience of the employee.
- Victims Economic Security and Safety - The Victims Economic Security and Safety Act (VESSA), enacted in 2003, is designed to promote the State’s interest in reducing domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, and stalking by enabling victims of domestic or sexual violence to maintain the financial independence necessary to leave abusive situations, achieve safety, and minimize the physical and emotional injuries from domestic or sexual violence, and to reduce the devastating economic consequences of domestic or sexual violence to employees.
© Copyright - 2008-2009 - The Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois. All Rights Reserved.