Allocating Resources: Identifies and confirms staffing, training and monetary resources required for effective college/department/unit operations.
Allocating resources effectively requires staffing, monetary, and other resources be planned and utilized efficiently to accomplish operational goals.
Examples of Allocating Resources in Practice
- Determines staffing, training, and monetary resources required for effective department operations
- Seeks to accomplish department objectives in a cost effective manner consistently
- Creates a work climate in which performance efficiency is valued and rewarded
- Works with employees to establish goals
- Works to secure additional resources for the department in a proactive manner
- Uses resources to upgrade technology
- Disperses funds ethically
- Monitors resource availability and makes contingency plans to ensure availability of adequate resources in event of unforeseen circumstances
- Recommends methods for streamlining processes
- Identifies ways to maintain level and quality of work while utilizing fewer resources