Results Focused: Confirms college/department/unit performance goals, identifies actions required of team to achieve defined goals within a specific timeframe, and discusses with employees.
Being consistently and effectively Results Focused is the cornerstone of effective management practices. Achieving results for your organizational group requires that objectives are identified and defined, meaningful metrics are established, and progress is tracked and managed.
Effective managers will continue to develop not only their own skill, but also learn to use communication, leadership, and cooperation to promote a focus on results for members of their organizational group, its partners, and collaborators.
Examples of being Results Focused in Practice
- Manages time and schedules to maximize efficiency
- Identifies department goals and confirms staff actions necessary to achieve goals
- Defines metrics to monitor and track progress toward achieving department goals
- Identifies underperforming employees and provides guidance and support to improve their work product
- Simplifies processes to enable employees to work in a more efficient manner
- Collaborates with employees, alumni, and community to achieve defined college/unit goals
- Outlines best practices and goal-setting targets to achieve college, department, or unit strategic intent and benchmarks for success