EEO/AA Job Code No. __________________________________________
FOR OAE USE ONLY
Contact Person: __________________________ e-mail: __________________________ phone: ______________
Departmental address: _____________________________________________________________________________
This form is necessary for all academic positions and must be submitted prior to advertisement or public announcement. No candidate for any academic or professional appointment for 50 percent or more time may be interviewed until the full search process has been approved by a campus affirmative action officer. OAE assists units with searches. Please contact OAE about any aspect of recruitment.
Appointing Unit _____________________________________________________________ Coll/Dept. Code ___________
*Please attach a copy of the approved PAPE (Principal Administrative Position Exemption) form for all non-faculty appointments.
A. Advertising. Please include the following information:
1. Rank and/or title.
2. Brief description of duties and responsibilities.
3. Specific minimal qualifications.
4. Other desirable qualifications.
5. Beginning date.
6. Specify (application deadline) or state "For fullest consideration, submit [CV, resume] by [date]."
7. Contact person and address.
B. Search Process. Describe the search process that will be used to develop a diverse pool of applicants that will include members of both sexes and all racial/ethnic categories (American Indian, White, African American, Asian, and Latino).
1. Advertising. (Professional or minority periodicals or newspapers; metropolitan newspapers; listing with professional, female, or minority caucuses or organizations; letters to organizations/associations, departments, or individuals, etc.).
a. Will the search be national ____________or local__________?
b. Where will the position be advertised? _________________________________________________
c. What are the anticipated dates of advertisement? _____________,_____________,
(Note: For newspapers, ad should appear in at least one Sunday edition).
2. Personal Contacts. (In person or by telephone, especially with organizations, departments, colleges, universities, or individuals likely to provide qualified female and minority applicants, include requests for nominations. OAE advises hiring units on request.)
3. Other. (For example, conferences, Internet postings)
C. Job Description. Please attach a complete job description. Include a detailed statement of duties listing minimal and desirable qualifications. State the date the individual would begin the appointment and whether it is permanent or temporary, tenured or tenure-track. Also, note application deadline, salary range, and any peculiarities of the position, such as irregular scheduling, extensive travel, less than full time, etc.
D. Search Committee. Please attach a list of the members of any search committee identified by race and gender and indicate the chairperson.
The University of Illinois at Chicago AA1 FORM REV. 06/05