University of Illinois at Chicago Human Resources
Welcome to the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) Human Resources website. We partner with UIC schools, departments and medical center to coordinate the implementation of Human Resources services, programs, policies, and procedures for the Chicago campus.
To shape the context of work in order to help attract, motivate and retain highly qualified faculty and staff. UIC Human Resources will fulfill this mission by:
- Pursuing superior performance and service standards for the core services we provide.
- Collaborating with HR practitioners in UIC's academic and administrative units, and University Administration partners to achieve greater efficiency and effectiveness in HR.
- Maintaining compliance with regulatory and policy requirements to manage risk and promote UIC's reputation as a credible and ethical institution.
- Constantly seeking to achieve a suitable balance between the interests of employees and the aspirations and goals of the University and UIC.
- Supporting the creation of a distinctive employment experience that attracts the right talent and inspires individuals to pursue personal growth and professional achievement.
- Making expertise in human resources management available to HR practitioners in UIC's academic and administrative units thereby enhancing the practice of HR management across the campus.
To be recognized both internally and externally as a model for the Human Resources profession among urban public higher education institutions operating an academic medical center. We will be known for:
- Achieving standards of superior performance in human resources service delivery that draw interest and accolades internally and externally.
- Providing innovative HR programs to help attract and retain the brightest and most enthusiastic talent to the campus.
- Enhancing the reputation of the UIC as a leading urban employer where each employee contributes the full extent of his or her potential and is encouraged to achieve rewarding personal and professional fulfillment in a welcoming and inclusive atmosphere.
- Recruitment and Staffing
- Labor and Employee Relations
- Organizational Effectiveness
- HR Shared Services
- Employee Recognition Special Programs
Benefits information and forms are available in NESSIE