University of Illinois at Chicago Human Resources
Labor and Employee Relations
The Office of Labor and Employee Relations engages in several activities and services in the areas of labor/management relations, counseling, and support services to managers and employees.
Labor Relations services include:
- development of university's bargaining strategies and proposals;
- labor contract negotiations and contract interpretation;
- grievance hearings and investigations;
- advice and consultations with managers and administrators.
Employee Relations services include:
- Counseling civil service employees on employment policies and rules as established by the University and Civil Service;
- Advising managers on job behavior or performance of both civil service , and implementation of a system of corrective/progressive discipline;
- Scheduling and conducting pre-disciplinary hearings and reconciliation meetings for civil service employees.