Executive Board and Subcommittees
The Chancellor's Committee on the Status of Latinos (CCSL) plays an important role addressing issues that impact Latinos. CCSL works proactively on the recruitment/retention of Latino students, faculty and staff, and support of Latino efforts on campus and in our communities. The Committee has taken a leadership position in enhancing cultural diversity on campus and bringing about a greater awareness of Latino assets through cultural, educational and political events.
CCSL CO-CHAIR 2012-2013
Melissa Hernandez, email@example.com
CCSL SUBCOMMITTEES 2012-2013
Student Recruitment and Retention Co-Chairs:
Diana Soriano-Yanez, firstname.lastname@example.org
Kendy Olaguez, email@example.com
Coalition of Latino Students Co-Chair:
Juanita Del Toro, firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Liaison Co-Chair:
Marty Gutierrez, email@example.com
Employment Affairs Co-Chair:
Marta Ayala - firstname.lastname@example.org
Latina Network Co-Chairs:
Inés Sahagún-Bahena- email@example.com
Elizabeth Herrera - firstname.lastname@example.org
Faculty Recruitment, Retention and Promotion - open
GRADUATE ASSISTANT 2012-2013
Priscilla Vasquez, email@example.com
The Chancellor's Committee Sub-Committees:
- Faculty Sub-Committee: Addresses issues such as the inclusion of Latinos within academic and administrative searches, employment, promotion and tenure.
- Student Recruitment and Retention Sub-Committee: Contributes to increasing access to higher education opportunities for Latinos and the inclusion of the Latino perspective in the curriculum leading toward successful graduation.
- Employment Sub-Committee: Serves to improve employment and advancement opportunities for Latinos.
- Community Liaison Sub-Committee: Develops and enhances relationships and commitment between UIC and Latino communities of Chicago and Illinois
- Latina Network Sub-Committee: Serves to improve employment and advancement opportunities for Latinas.
Each Sub-Committee is charged with coordinating the Committee's work in its area.