- To recruit, admit, retain and academically enrich Latino students at the undergraduate, graduate and professional levels.
- To recruit, employ, retain and promote Latino faculty and academic and support staff at all levels of the University.
- To mentor and develop the leadership potential of Latinos at the University
- To develop university programs designed to improve the quality of educational opportunities and curricula available to Latinos.
- To continue developing and enhancing UIC’s relationship with the Latino communities throughout the Chicago land area.