Resources and Links
Latino Offices at UIC
- Hispanic Center of Excellence(HCOE )
- Latin American and Latino Studies(LALS )
- Latin American Recruitment and Educational Services(LARES)
- Latino Committee on University Affairs(LCUA)
- Latino Cultural Center
- Non-Citizen Office
Latino Student Organizations at UIC
- Brief Description of UIC Latino Student Organizations
- Alpha Psi Lambda
- Arquitectos Student Chapter at UIC
- Health Oriented Latino Association (HOLA)
- Hermandad de Sigma Iota Alpha Inc.
- Latin American Law Society (LALS)
- Latin American Student Communication Organization (LASCO)
- Latino Association of Business Students (LABS)
- Latino Association in Psychology (LAPS)
- Mexican Students of Aztlan (MeSA)
- Midwest Association of Hispanic Accountants (MAHA)
- Phi Iota Alpha Fraternity, Inc
- Sigma Lambda Gamma
- Sigma Lambda Beta Inc.
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers
- Tau Phi Sigma
- Union for Puerto Rican Students(UPRS)
- Illinois Legislative Latino Caucus Foundation
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- Dream GALA Scholarship
- For additional scholarship information visit UIC LARES
The Chancellor's Committees
- Chancellor's Committee on the Status of Asian Americans
- Chancellor's Committees on the Status of Persons with Disabilities
- Chancellor's Committees on the Status of Women
- Chancellor's Committees on the Status of Blacks
- Chancellor's Committees on the Status of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Issues
Office for Access and Equity
The UIC Chancellor's Status Committees are administered through the Office for Access and Equity:
Office for Access and Equity: 809 South Marshfield Avenue, Room 717 (M/C 602), Chicago, Illinois 60612-7207, Telephone: (312) 996-8670 Fax: (312) 413-0055 TTY: (312) 413-3035.
- Represents the campus to federal and state agencies as well as to the higher education community on issues related to affirmative action, equal opportunity, harassment, and diversity.
- Collaborates in the development of the campus's Affirmative Action Plan.
- Assists in the recruitment and retention of women, men and women of color, persons with disabilities, and other under-represented groups.
- Offers training in sexual harassment awareness, AA/OAE, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and other related topics as needed.
- Provides administrative support to the Chancellor's Status Committees.
- Extends technical advice to faculty, students, staff, and administrators on diversity issues as well as on problems regarding discrimination and harassment.
- Counsels faculty, staff, and students who believe they may have been subjected to harassment or discrimination.
- Investigates complaints of unlawful discrimination in admission, employment, and access as well as treatment in UIC-sponsored programs and activities; also investigates claims of sexual harassment where a formal complaint is filed; makes recommendations to responsible University representatives as appropriate.