- Promote the academic, social, cultural and professional welfare of UIC’s Latino students, faculty and staff;
- Advise the administration on University policy that affects Latin American constituencies;
- Encourage scholarship and practices that reflect and respond to the increasing diversity of our campus and surrounding community in a rapidly globalizing world, and the ongoing demographic trends that show Latino’s among the U.S.’s and Illinois’s ethnic constituencies;
- Foster professional opportunities for Latino’s on campus;
- Cultivate relationships with alumni and Latino communities in the metropolitan Chicago area.