LCLC Map & Directions
View Language Symposium 2012 in a larger map
Reaching the UIC Campus
- Official UIC directions for getting to the UIC campus.
- "Directions to" UIC via Google Maps, destination preset as the major entrance point to East Campus marked on the map above with and described below.
Take the Blue Line train, or a CTA bus (#60 Blue Island, #7 Harrison, #8 Halsted, #157 Streeterville/Taylor) to the East Campus at UIC. These bus stops are indicated on the Google map above; zoom in for details. The step-by-step instructions below are from the Blue Line train.
Exit the train at the UIC/Halsted stop.
- There are three exits at this stop. Choose the Peoria (middle) exit, the only one with stairs (instead of a ramp) leading up to street level.
- Once on street level walk south toward campus. At the forked path, stay on the right (west).
- The street ahead is Harrison. Cross Harrison at the crosswalk. This is also the location of the #60 and #7 bus stops.
- This will bring you to a UIC sign on a tall post and a wide sidewalk continuing in to campus. You have reached this point on the map above: See Reaching the LCLC to continue.
Go to the Parking page for complete information on possible pay parking lots on the UIC campus.
The closest parking lot is Lot 9, which is on the northeast corner of Morgan and Harrison streets with the entrance on Morgan Street. (To the left of the "P" on the map above.)
From most of those lots, you will approach this point on your way to LCLC. Its coordinates are: 41.874334,-87.649878 , which you can use in Google Maps to look up a walking route.
Reaching the LCLC
Starting at the UIC sign on a tall post where you have just crossed Harrison St., take the wide sidewalk into campus.
- Keep going south, away from Harrison St. You should notice a very tall building off to your right.
- You will pass a one-story long brick wall immediately on your left. At the end of the wall is a brand new three-story building with big windows.
Follow the orange path on the map above, or read the directions below.
- Pass that first glass-walled building on the left. That's Grant Hall, your destination.
- Make a left and enter the plaza between the three buildings.
- Look for the Grant Hall sign outside the northwestern most of the three buildings.
- The Language and Culture Learning Center office is on the 3rd floor in Room 301.
LCLC is on the 3rd floor of Grant Hall