These instructions are, of course, online. However, packets of printed instructions will be available to borrow from the registration desk. Some device configurations require the device to be online already to initiate the configuration process. These are identified below.
- Network name: UIC-WiFi (This has to be exactly UIC-WiFi because that is the name of the network.)
- Security type: WPA2-Enterprise
- Encryption type: AES
- EAP network authentication method: Protected EAP (PEAP)
- Phase 2 authentication: MSCHAP(EAP-MSCHAP v2)
Pick up username/password
A unique username/password will be available at the registration desk. Use this to connect to the UIC-WiFi wireless network.
Internet connection required for successful configuration
You should probably follow these steps before coming to campus.
- Download but do NOT YET install this file for 10.7 (Lion). You will complete installation once you are on campus, within range of the network.
- iPhone, etc. download the same file linked above.
- 10.3 & 10.4
- 10.5 (Leopard) & 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
- 10.7 (Lion) Note: internet connection needed. If your device is not already online (via 3G/4G, etc.) please see above for configuration instructions BEFORE coming to UIC.
- Android device
- Symbian device (be careful to follow the written instructions more closely than the images)
- iDevices Note: internet connection needed. If your device is not already online (via 3G/4G, etc.) please see above for configuration instructions BEFORE coming to UIC.
UIC is an eduroam-participating institution: Settings here