-UIC Library Circulation Services
Library Interlibrary Loan
To contact the Circulation Dept. at any UIC site, use the Ask
A Librarian service or the e-mail addresses noted below:
Daley Circulation Department
Reserves: Wireless Notebooks
Wireless laptop computers are available for use in the Daley Library. Present your valid UIC i-card to check out a machine from the Reserve Desk for a 2-hour loan period.
MS Office (including Excel and Word) is available on the machines. Each notebook has DVD/CD-ROM and roam capabilities. The roam capability allows use of the wireless network Internet connection throughout the building.
Important Information for Users of UIC Wireless Notebooks
- Use the notebook computer in the Library only.
- Keep the machine with you at all times. Do not leave it unattended.
- Files cannot be downloaded or saved on the computer's hard drive. Save files to a portable storage device instead.
- Bring earphones to use with the DVD/CD drive.
- Wireless notebook batteries last for approximately two hours.
- Users having trouble with a machine should return it to the Reserve Desk. Staff cannot assist with wireless notebook technical problems; however if another machine is available, they will issue a replacement.
- Renewals are granted if there is NOT a high demand.
- Tampering with the wireless notebook may lead to the cost of replacement (approximately $3,000.00).
For assistance using library resources, ask a librarian at the Reference Desk located on the second floor. The reference staff cannot assist with wireless notebook technical problems.
For more information contact the Reserve Desk at (312) 996-2719 or LIB-RES@UIC.EDU.