Information on registering and renewing
InfoPOEMS is a clinical awareness system designed to support evidence-based medicine (EBM). POEM stands for Patient-Oriented Evidence that Matters.
POEMs are issued daily and can be accessed in a variety of ways:
The POEMs are also integrated into a much larger database, InfoRetriever. This database has 13 segments which can be searched simultaneously or browsed separately. InfoRetriever includes the following:
- Search the Daily POEMS database
- Browse the POEMs released by month and year, such as all the POEMs from February 2004
- Get the daily POEM sent to you via e-mail. If you wish to join the e-mail list, send a note to email@example.com. Please note that only e-mail addresses ending in uic.edu or uiuc.edu (health sciences faculty and students) will be registered for the service
- InfoPOEMS database
- Over 180 clinical decision rules, decision support tools and calculators
- Over 700 evidence-based practice guidelines from the National Guidelines Clearinghouse and other sources
- Griffith’s 5 Minute Clinical Consult
- An atlas of 550 medical photographs to aid in diagnosis
- All of the abstracts (over 1700) from the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews
- A database of detailed information on over 2,000 diagnostic tests and physical examination maneuvers
- Links to over 500 patient education handouts
InfoRetriever is available in several formats: web-based, and downloadable desktop, PocketPC, and PALM OS versions.
For links to the systems requirement for each version, see http://www.infopoems.com/infopoems/downloads.cfm.
You must register to download a version of the desktop and PDA versions that will operate for longer than 30 days. To register, see http://www.infopoems.com/infopoems/inst_register.cfm.
For information on the registration process, see http://www.infopoems.com/support/registration.html
and follow the instructions for institutional subscribers. The UIC Library’s subscription runs on a calendar year basis. Each year, you will be required to reregister when the Library renews the subscription.
There is a tutorial available on the InfoPOEMs website that offers a concise overview of the product. To see the tutorial, go to http://www.infopoems.com/productinfo/infoRetrieverTour.html.
Last updated: Wednesday, 17-Jan-2007 12:35:07 CST