LHSP House Calls
Your remedy for information.
What are LHSP House Calls?
LHSP House Calls are research consultations or instructional sessions tailored
to your information needs. The sessions are designed to fit you or a group and
are led by UIC Library of the Health Sciences Peoria staff. You choose the content
and the location. Virtual House Calls are an available option if your staff
is dispersed or if you prefer individuals to have training at their desks.
Who can request a LHSP House Call?
Any person or department affiliated with the University of Illinois at Chicago.
LHSP House Calls are customized to meet your individual research needs or your
department's specific information needs. Your HouseCall session can take place
in the library, your office or department, or virtually. The duration will depend
upon your availability and information needs. LHSP House Calls can be customized
for a variety of groups and settings, such as:
- Faculty and staff development sessions
- Brown bag lunches
- Department Meetings
- Journal club meetings
- Resident Noon Conferences
- Grand Rounds
- Virtual House Calls (uses online meeting software - must use IE on a PC)
What topics are available?
- How Do I Know I Found Everything? Preparing for Publication and Research
- Optimizing PubMed
- Web of Knowledge
- Optimizing CINAHL
- PDAs (Personal Digital Assistants)
- Finding the Best Evidence: EBM Resources
- Managing Your References: REFWORKS, Endnote, or Reference Manager
- Wikis and Blogs
- Email Alerts and RSSS Feeds: Table of Contents and Subject Search Updates
- Custom - created topic of choice
For complete descriptions of the above topics, please visit: http://www.uic.edu/depts/lib/lhsp/services/seminars.shtml
Schedule your House Call Today!
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 309-671-8494 to schedule a House Call.
Regularly scheduled seminars may be viewed at: