Outreach Services and Special Projects
- Asian American Librarians Association
- The Asian/Pacific American Librarians Association's (APALA), ounded in 1980, APALA was incorporated to create an organization which would address the needs of Asian/Pacific American librarians and thosewho serve the Asian/Pacific American Communities.
- Maintained by: Lisa Zhao & Rama Vishwanatham
- CALAMW: Chinese American Librarians Association, Midwest Chapter
- The Chinese American Librarians Association (CALA) was formed in 1983 by the merger
of the Chinese-American Librarians Association (established in Chicago in 1973) and the
Chinese Librarians Association (established at Stanford University in 1974).
- Maintained by: Lisa Zhao
- Chicago Environmental and Public Health Outreach Project
- The Chicago Environmental and Public Health Outreach Project is funded by the National Library of Medicine, and administered by the staff of the Information Services Department at the UIC Library of the Health Sciences.
- Maintained by: Andrew Wickens
- Chicago Urban Health Outreach Project
- CUHOP is an outreach project of the Library of the Health Sciences at the University of Illinois at Chicago, on behalf of the Greater Midwest Regional office of the National Library of Medicine. The 18 month project, begun in September 2001, is an effort to provide training in the practical and clinical uses of NLM databases for clinicians of all levels. The project is a collaboration with Erie Family Health Center and Circle Family Health Center.
- Maintained by: Martin Brennan
- the Gh. Asachi Public Library of Iasi
- The "Gh. Asachi" Public Library in Iasi was founded in 1920. It was established on the occasion of the setting up
of the cultural association "Museum of Iasi" which proscribed that the library would collect primarily books
published in Iasi and both serials and books about Iasi and Moldova. This page is under development through a Great Cities cooperative effort between the Gh. Asachi Public Library of Iasi and the University Library, University of Illinois at Chicago.
- Maintained by: UIC Library Systems
- The Illinois Learning Web
- The Illinois Cooperative Collection Management Coordinating Committee (CCMC) sponsor a Curriculum
Materials Center (CMC) WorldWide Web Homepage for the state of Illinois. The CCMC goal of sharing resources
has had limited application for curriculum libraries or curriculum materials centers because of considerable need
of these materials locally. High demand has made inter-institutional circulation impractical or restricted. One
suggestion to remedy this situation has been to institute regional centers for curriculum materials. The proposal for
a CMC Web Homepage furthers the ideal of access by making selected curriculum information available
- This WWW site is made possible by funding from the Illinois Cooperative Collection Management Coordinating Committee (CCMCC) and the University of Illinois at Chicago, University Library.
- Maintained by: Joan Fiscella
- CCMCC Cooperative Collection Management Coordinating Committee, Listing of Microfilm of Papers of the NAACP
Last updated: Wednesday, 12-Nov-2003 16:03:23 CST