- The rotunda room houses the monographs, some journals, and science reference works.
Most journals published before 1990 and a number of government documents and cataloged serials have been placed in storage off-site.
For locations, consult UICCAT or ask at the Circulation Desk.
Forms for requesting items needed from storage are available on the counter next to the photocopy machines. Material is retrieved from storage twice daily, or on demand if necessary.
- Journals are shelved in the journals room in alphabetical order by title or issuing agency; some books are also shelved here.
- U.S. and state geological survey reports are located in the room to the right of the entrance, labeled Government Documents room.
- Indexing and abstracting journals, along with the collection of spectral data are located in the room adjacent to the Government Documents room, behind the glass-walled office.
- New journals and new books are shelved in the New Book/Journal room adjacent to the reference collection; a check-list of selected issues received is posted daily.
- Disertations and theses are shelved by subject field and author in the long hall leading to the office spaces.
- The print Gmelin collection is located in the office space next to the Government Documents room.
- Reserves materials are located behind the Circulation desk.