REDCap (Research Electronic Data Capture) is a secure, web-based application for building and managing online databases for the collection and entry of research data. It is a valuable resource that allows you to build web-based databases quickly and securely, with special features like ad-hoc reporting and scheduling. It is fast and flexible with an easy to use design environment to create data capture forms. The program was developed by staff at Vanderbilt University in 2004 in order to help researchers manage data for small/medium sized projects in a systematic manner (metadata defined, secure, audit trails, etc). The system is continually updated and enhanced by the Project REDCap team at Vanderbilt.
This installation of REDCap is provided by the Design and Analysis Core (DAC), which is jointly sponsored by the Center for Clinical and Translational Science (Award#:UL1TR000050) and The UIC Cancer Center (CC). REDCap is maintained by the IT staff at the Institute for Health Research and Policy (IHRP). It is offered as a free service to UIC health investigators, faculty, and staff. To learn more about REDCap, visit: http://www.redcap.ihrp.uic.edu/.
The CCTS Design and Analysis Core is pleased to announce an upcoming set of REDCap Training Sessions:
Monday, November 4th, from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Register at: https://1104redcap101.eventbrite.com/
Monday, November 11th, from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Register at: https://1111redcap102.eventbrite.com/
Both trainings will take place in Room 5175 , College of Medicine Research Building, 909 S. Wolcott Ave
Establishing Your REDCap Account
REDCap is managed by UIC's Center for Clinical and Translational Science (CCTS). To request a REDCap account, please follow these instructions:
- If a REDCap account is needed only to access an existing project without the full user rights of creating or copying projects, please send the user's full name and email address to REDCap Support at IHRP.
- If a REDCap account is needed with full user rights to create and copy projects, first register as a new CCTS user at www.go.uic.edu/CCTS_Service_Requests.
- From your CCTS account homepage, click on the "New Project Service Request" link in the upper right corner, then select the second option for REDCap account setup only.
- List yourself as the PI, as this is an isolated service request, enter any project details and click "Proceed" to submit.
- Congratulations! Your REDCap account request has been submitted. A CCTS representative will contact you with information on additional training tools and opportunities, as well as your new REDCap username and password.
REDCap Training Video
This presentation, given to an audience of graduate students, explores the various ways REDCap can be used in research.
Download the narrated power point on using REDCap. Login with netID required.
Instructions for downloading the video:
- Download the video and unzip it.
- You will need codec to play the video in Windows Media Player.
- Download the "gotomeeting" codec from. https://www2.gotomeeting.com/codec and install it.
- Play the video using windows media player.