- Patino, M.M. and Walden, W.E. (1992) "Cloning of a functional cDNA for the rabbit ferritin repressor protein: Demonstration of a tissue specific pattern of expression", J. Biol. Chem 267, 19011-19016.
- Swenson, G.R. and Walden, W.E. (1994) "Localization of an RNA binding element of the iron responsive element binding protein within a proteolytic fragment containing iron coordination ligands", Nucleic Acid Res., 22, 2627-2633.
- Thorp, H.H., McKenzie, R.A., Lin, P.-N., Walden, W.E. and Theil, E.C. (1996) "Cleavage of functionally relevant sites in ferritin mRNA by oxidizing metal complexes", Inorganic Chemistry, 35, 2773-2779.
- Ke, Y., Wu, J., Leibold, E.A., Walden, W.E. and Theil, E.C. (1998) "Loops and bulge/loops in iron-responsive element isoforms influence iron regulatory protein binding: Fine-tuning of mRNA regulation?", J. Biol. Chem, 273, 23637-23640.
- Brown, N.M., Anderson, S.A., Steffen, D.W., Carpenter, T.B., Kennedy, M.C., Walden, W.E. and Eisenstein, R.S. (1998) "Novel role of phosphorylation in Fe-S cluster stability revealed by phosphomimetic mutations at serine 138 of iron regulatory protein 1", Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci, USA, 95, 15235-15240.
- Narahari, J., Ma, R., Wang, M. and Walden, W.E. (2000) "The aconitase function of iron regulatory protein 1: genetic studies in yeast implicate its role in iron-mediated redox regulation", J. Biol. Chem, 275, 16227-16234.
- Brown, N.M., Kennedy, M. C., Antholine, W.E., Eisenstein, R.S. and Walden, W.E. (2002) "Detectionof a [3Fe-4S] cluster intermediate of cytosolic aconitase in yeast expressing iron regulatory protein 1: insights into the mechanism of Fe-S cluster cycling", J. Biol. Chem. 277, 7246-7254.
- Walden, W.E. (2002) "From bacteria to mitochondria: Aconitase yields surprises", Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci., USA, 99, 4138-4140.