Web Accessibility Committee (http://accessweb.uic.edu)
The Disability Resource Center provides leadership for the University of Illinois at Chicago Web Accessibility Committee. The Committee oversees the policy and procedures relating to accessibility of online information. This committee supports the campus in the process of advancing Web accessibility through:
- Coordinating training and assistance with Web accessibility
- Providing accessibility assessment tools
- Providing reports and recommendations on how campus Webmasters can improve their sites to meet current best practices and established accessibility guidelines
- Developing policies to make online information more accessible and usable
- Assisting Webmasters by providing clear campus guidelines on how to improve accessibility
- Helping the campus prioritize efforts in creating new Web sites and modifying older Web sites.