College and Unit Diversity Committees
In January 2009 the colleges and administrative units were charged with initiating their own Diversity Strategic Thinking and Planning (DSTP) processes.
Colleges and administrative units have assembled diversity committees to coordinate their individual DSTP activities and provide input to the campus-level process. The college/unit diversity committees have been engaged in the following activities:
- Completing a Diversity Strategic Thinking exercise to gather information and reflect upon how diversity is currently supported within college/unit activities, and consider what opportunities are available.
- Meeting with the campus DSTP Committee to exchange information learned from each other’s work, and discuss major questions and issues that arise during the process.
- Sharing and collection information, ideas, perspectives and feedback from students, faculty, staff, alumni and friends in their colleges/units.
- Drafting a formal Diversity Strategic Thinking document outlining their diversity philosophies, activities, and future priorities.
- Developing a Diversity Strategic Plan outlining their diversity goals and activities.
In 2010, the focus of the college/unit committees will transition from Thinking to Planning. Information about their Planning activities will be made available on this Web site as the year progresses. Additional information on college and unit DSTP activities can be obtained by contacting the diversity committee chairpersons.