Diversity Strategic Thinking and Planning (DSTP) Committee
In fall 2008, the Provost sought nominations from Deans and Vice Chancellors of individuals to serve on a campus-level Diversity Strategic Thinking and Planning Committee. In addition to the outlining the DSTP process, the DSTP Committee has been engaged in the following activities:
- Meeting with campus constituencies to hear various perspectives on campus diversity issues and subsequently catalogue the activities, concerns, goals and priorities of our campus communities, as well as to identify unique and shared issues across these constituencies.
- Completing a Diversity Strategic Thinking exercise within DSTPC subcommittees to gather information and reflect upon how diversity is currently supported within campus activities, and consider what opportunities are available. DSTPC subcommittees will focus on diversity as it relates to and intersects with six topic areas: Environment/Climate, Faculty, Research, Staff, Students, and Teaching and Learning.
- Meeting with college and unit diversity committees and Student Advisory Committee to exchange information learned from each other's work, and discuss major questions and issues that arise during the process.
- Drafting a formal Diversity Strategic Thinking document outlining UIC’s diversity philosophies, activities, and future priorities.
- Drafting a formal Diversity Strategic Plan outlining UIC’s goals, actions and recommendations to position diversity as fundamental in all university policies and activities.