The University of Illinois at Chicago offers a range of different financial resources for transfer and continuing students, including financial aid and scholarships. Students applying to UIC should complete the Free Application for Federal Student Financial Aid (FAFSA) in order to determine what federal, state and institutional need-based aid they might be eligible to receive. Scholarship opportunities vary, and below is a list to help students evaluate which they could qualify for at various points in their education.

All Entering Students

To be considered for most university and college scholarships and awards, incoming students need only complete the UIC admission application; no additional steps are necessary. Your application is then reviewed to determine which awards, if any, fit you. Some scholarships evaluate financial need, so students are also encouraged to complete the FAFSA. 

Students interested in applying to the Honors College, however, must complete an additional application for admission and consideration for their scholarships. The application is accessible at
Students interested in scholarships that are offered through the state of Illinois may want to visit

To search for awards not affiliated with UIC, students may elect to use

Transfer Undergraduate Students

Students who have transferred to UIC may be eligible for the Transfer Merit Tuition Award or Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship once they are enrolled at UIC. Membership in the Honors College is required for the Phi Theta Kappa award.  The Transfer Merit Tuition Award does not require Honors College Membership. Eligible students are contacted during the fall semester with application and deadline information. Spring entry students are eligible for the award the following fall. Details are available at

Continuing Undergraduate Students

Scholarships are available to students already taking classes at UIC from a range of different on campus and off campus organizations. The Office of Special Scholarship Programs maintains a comprehensive list of awards offered through UIC colleges, departments and organizations at

Of particular note is the Scholarship Association for UIC, which awards multiple awards to currently enrolled UIC students every year:

Current students and alumni with questions about or seeking support for applying for nationally competitive awards, such as the Goldwater, Truman, Fulbright, NSF, Gates Cambridge and NSEP, can find out more about those awards, including support services offered to applicants, by contacting the Office of Special Scholarship Programs at

Other Opportunities Available to Students at All Levels

Honors College

The Honors College provides numerous merit-based scholarships for new freshmen, transfer and continuing students who apply to participate in the Honors College.  For more information, visit their website at

Prospective and current ROTC cadets may contact the appropriate ROTC branch to obtain information about their scholarships:
Army ROTC - 312-413-2357
Air Force ROTC - 312-567-3525
Navy ROTC - 312-567-3530