Substations (Transfer Student Offices around the UIC Campus)- more central locations in addition to the main office in the Student Services Building (SSB).
- For the first two weeks of the semester, Maxine will be located in the Commuter Center, in Student Center East (SCE) from 8:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m. to meet with transfer students. Come to say hello, ask questions, have coffee, whatever. No appointment is necessary.
- For the entire Spring Semester: Cate, the Transfer Assistance Office Assistant, will be available every Wednesday-for questions, make comments/suggestions, just to chat.
From 10:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. in the Idea Commons in the Daley Library (follow the yellow wall).
From 1:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m. in the Visitors’ Center in Student Center East (SCE) near the information office, on the first floor.
No appointment is necessary.
Informational Sessions Spring 2013
We are excited to present a program designed to enhance your UIC orientation experience. The program is a series of informational sessions designed to help you connect to the UIC community. We have arranged the sessions by weeks so that you have time to organize your schedule and be able to attend as many events as possible. The following schedule is incomplete; expect additional sessions to be added as the semester progresses.
Week 1 (January 14th-January 18th)
Guided Tours of Student Center East (SCE)- a complex building
The tour will begin at the escalator opposite the bookstore and end in the Commuter Center for coffee. Sign up for the tour that best fits with your schedule.
- Monday, January 14-7:30 a.m.-8:00 a.m. (locker sign-up in the Commuter Center)
- Tuesday, January 15-8:00 a.m.-8:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, January 16-10:00 a.m.-10:30 a.m.
- Thursday, January 17-9:00 a.m.-9:30 a.m.
- Friday, January 18-9:30 a.m.-10:00 a.m.
A Commuter Student Conversation with James
- Join James, the Assistant Director of the Commuter Center, for donuts and a discussion of issues important to commuter students-transportation, housing, reading a lease, time management, where to have lunch etc. on Wednesday, January 16th from 9:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m. in the Commuter Center-near the Food Court in Student Center East-(SCE ). You do not have to stay for the entire time-come late/leave early.
Week 2 (January 21st-January 25th)
Scholarship Informational Session
- Tuesday, January 22, from 4:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m. in University Hall (UH) room TBD.
Navigating though the UIC Library; or, how to use the resources available to you-
The Daley Library has scheduled two sessions for your convenience. Attend the one that best fits into your schedule.
- Wednesday, January 23rd, from 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. in the IDEA Room-in the Daley Library
Need research help? Go to http://library.uic.edu/home/services/research-help.
- Tuesday, January 29th, from 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. in the IDEA Commons-in the Daley Library
Campus Recreational Center Tour (East Campus)
- Thursday, January 24th, from 3:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m. in the Recreational Facility-137 South Halsted Street (across the street from Student Center East (SCE).
Week 3 (January 28th-February 1st)
Transfer Student Meet and Greet Event-
- Wednesday, January 30th, from 3:30 p.m.- 5:00 p.m. Location Student Center East (SCE) room 302
- At this event you will meet other transfer students, hear from guest speakers and enjoy great food. There is no problem if you have to come late or leave early.
Reviewing/Reading your Degree Audit (DARS/TADA) or: am I on track for graduation?
- Monday January 28th-3:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m. in the Student Services Building (SSB) room 2279. This is a walk in session conducted by a staff member of the DARS Office. Ask your question(s), get a response and leave.
Opportunities in the Offices of Career Services and Student Employment
- Thursday, January 31st from-3:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m. in the Prairie Room in Student Center East (SCE). This session will be presented by the Director of the Office of Career Services.
Week 5 (February 11th-February 15th)
Liberal Arts and Sciences (LAS) Internship Informational Session
- Tuesday, February 12-3:00 p.m.-3:30 p.m. in University Hall (UH) room 850 (eighth floor).
Have a fabulously successful semester-
Coordinator, Transfer Student Assistance Office
Associate Director, Student Development Services