Awards - any major
The following is a list of scholarships open to students of any major/college:
Association Award - 4 awards of $1,000 each
- Must be a currently enrolled, full-time undergraduate student, with at least 1 semester remaining before graduation
- Must demonstrate involvement in extracurricular activities or their community
- Must have demonstrated financial need
Hassan Mustafa Abdallah Scholarship - $2,000
Preference will be given to undergraduate students of Arab and Arab-American descent
Strong scholastic achievement
Must demonstrate financial need
- Applicant's parent or legal guardian must be a full-time employee on the support staff at UIC.
- Must be a continuing full-time undergraduate student (not graduating)
- Applicant must have a 2.5 GPA and, if a freshman, be ranked in the top 10 percent of his/her high school graduating class
- **Special note- must have three letters of recommendation once it has been confirmed that you are being considered for this award. You will be contacted with more information via email once we receive your application.
E. Sue Campbell Memorial Award - $500
- Undergraduate students over the age of 35
- Enrolled in a degree-seeking program at UIC
- Must demonstrate financial need
- Preference will be given to applicants who are single parents
Demonstrated leadership and involvement in the promotion of a positive identity for LGBT students through UIC and/or Chicago community
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS AWARD: You must complete the SAUIC common application which can be found by clicking here. Then please also fill out the webform supplemental application that addresses the following issues:
1. What have you done to promote the interests of LGBT students on the UIC campus and what wiII you do in the future to continue to promote the interests of LGBT students?
2. How will you work to promote a greater understanding of LGBT students/persons on the UIC campus and/or the Chicago community?
3. How will your scholarship or work on behalf of LGBT issues have an impact on your future career after graduation from UIC?
*Please submit two sealed letters of recommendation from persons who can attest to your involvement and participation in LGBT issues and/or scholarship in the area of LGBT issues.
- Must be a continuing graduate student in good standing with a cumulative grade point average of 3.0/4.0 and who has completed at least one semester at UIC
- Paper authored by you in the past three years while a graduate student at UIC that contributes to Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender research/scholarship
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS AWARD: In addition to the common SAUIC application, please download the paper submission coverpage here. Please also include your curriculum vita with your paper submission.
*Please note that one of your recommendations must come from an advisor or faculty member who can address the significance and quality of your work. The letter of recommendation may explain why the paper is significant to LGBT scholarship.
*Chicago Bar Association Entertainment Committee Law Award - $500
- Must be earning an undergraduate degree from UIC
- Any major is eligible
- Must have substantiation of admission to an accredited law school
- Recognition will be given to students with a record of involvement and participation in theatrical and music activities on campus or in their communities
John E. and Marguerite B. Corbally Award - $500
- Graduate of a Chicago public high school
- Must be a UIC graduate student whose undergraduate degree is from UIC
- Any major is eligible
- Must have a 3.0/4.0 or better GPA
- Must be a continuing student (not graduating in spring 2012)
Fred Garcia Endowed Award - $900
- Must be a continuing UIC undergraduate student with at least sophomore standing
- Must have a GPA of 2.5 or above
- Must be either:
- The son, daughter or grandchild of an actively
employed or retired Facilities Management employee who has
worked for Facilities Management at least five years; OR
- A full-time student who has worked in Facilities Management for at least one year and will continue to work in Facilities Management for at least one year after being given the award.
- The son, daughter or grandchild of an actively employed or retired Facilities Management employee who has worked for Facilities Management at least five years; OR
Grace and Conrad Kroll Scholarship - $1,000
- Preference is given to a “first generation” college undergraduate student whose parents did not graduate from college
- Preference is given to students with verifiable financial need and who demonstrate academic merit
Donald and Patricia Langenberg Award - $500
- Continuing undergraduate student, with preference for a woman or minority student
- Must be majoring in mathematics, statistics or the natural sciences
- Student must intend to pursue graduate study in their field (Masters level or PhD work). Pre-medicine students are not eligible.
Jeri Parker Award - $500
- Continuing UIC student with sophomore or junior standing
- Preference is given to female applicants
- Preference is given to applicants with financial need
- Currently enrolled, full-time undergraduate who has completed at least one semester at UIC
- Demonstrate financial need
- Must have a UIC grade point average of 2.75/4.00
- Preference will be given to students of Mexican descent who are first or second generation living in the United States
- Preference also is given to students who are first to attend college in their family
FINALISTS: For this award applicants are asked to show involvement in community activities as demonstrated by a written statement. If you are selected as a finalist, please use the online webform by clicking here.
Eileen and Michael Tanner Award - $1,200
- Be a continuing UIC undergraduate
- Academic excellence, minimum GPA of 3.2/4.0 or higher
- Demonstrate financial need
- Demonstrated commitment to helping the underserved communities of Chicago
The scholarships are no longer being offered by the Scholarship Association for UIC and information can be accessed by contacting the offices detailed below:
This award administered by the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs. Please contact Dr. Ginsburg at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- A member of an intercollegiate athletic team, not holding a full athletic scholarship.
- An undergraduate who has been in attendance at UIC for at least two semesters.
- Demonstrated fnancial need as defined by the UIC Financial Aid Office.
- Grade point average of 2.75/4.0 or above
- Involvement in community activities as demonstrated by a written statement
Judy Curry Award
This award is now administered by the Study Abroad Office (312-413-7662 or http://studyabroad.uic.edu). Please contact them for an application and further information.
- Must be a junior, senior or graduate student
- To be applied to the cost of an overseas academic project or study
- Preference for a Sino/U.S. project or study