The goal of WISEST is to increase the number, participation, and leadership status of women in academic science and engineering at UIC, and to:
- Create an institutional environment that promotes the retention and advancement of women faculty in science and engineering.
- Collaborate with faculty, staff, and university leaders to affect institutional transformation.
This goal will be accomplished through five specific project strategies:
- Warm the climate and decrease the isolation of women STEM faculty.
- Pilot initiatives to attract and recruit minority women faculty.
- Transform STEM departments to foster diversity and women's leadership.
- Promote STEM women's scholarship and teaching.
- Improve the ability to track and report on gender equity in STEM.
College of Engineering:
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil and Materials Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Mechanical and Industrial Engineering
College of Liberal Arts and Sciences:
"This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under cooperative agreement no. 0546843, ADVANCE Institutional Transformation Award, and by the University of Illinois at Chicago. Any opinions, findings, conclusions, and recommendations expressed in this material are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the National Science Foundation."