NSF Data Requirements
In order to measure progress toward our goal to create an institutional environment that promotes the retention and advancement of women faculty in science and engineering, NSF requires WISEST to collect data to answer four main questions:
- What is the distribution of science and engineering faculty by gender, rank, and department?
- What are the outcomes of institutional processes of recruitment and advancement for men and women?
- What is the gender distribution of science and engineering faculty in leadership positions in the institution?
- What is the allocation of resources for science and engineering faculty by gender at the institution?
WISEST utilizes this collected data to evaluate twelve program outcomes set forth in the project proposal:
- The number of tenured/tenure-track STEM women faculty increases.
- The number of tenured/tenure-track minority STEM women faculty increases.
- The retention rate for STEM women faculty improves.
- All WISEST Fellows secure faculty positions.
- Salaries of STEM women faculty equal those of men.
- The percent of leadership positions held by STEM women increases.
- Job satisfaction for women STEM faculty improves.
- The visibility of STEM women scholars increases.
- The number of grants awarded to women STEM faculty in creases.
- The number of faculty using support programs increases.
- Use of STEM database increases yearly.
- Knowledge of gender equity and diversity issues increases at UIC.