Final Exam Schedule
[For all colleges except health sciences professional colleges]
For the complete Spring 2013 Final Exam Schedule, go to: http://uicweb.net/finals
The final day of instruction for the 16 week spring semester is Friday, May 3rd. Final exams are held during the 16th week, from Monday, May 6th through Friday, May 10th. Note: Instructors of courses with non-traditional meeting schedules should contact the Office of Classroom Scheduling to arrange for exam locations. Contact Nikoleta Rigas at (312) 413-3641 (e-mail at email@example.com), Paula Black at (312) 413-5467 (e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org), or Rahshida Walker at (312) 413-3642 (e-mail email@example.com).
|Classes beginning within this time period.||Meeting Tuesdays and/or Thursdays.||Meeting Mondays and/or Wednesdays and/or Fridays or those meeting 4 or 5 days a week.|
|8:00-8:59 a.m.||8:00-10:00 a.m. Thursday, May 9||8:00-10:00 a.m. Wednesday, May 8|
|9:00-9:59 a.m.||10:30-12:30 p.m. Wednesday, May 8||10:30-12:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 7|
|10:00-10:59 a.m.||3:30-5:30 p.m. Monday, May 6||10:30-12:30 p.m. Friday, May 10|
|11:00-11:59 a.m.||10:30-12:30 p.m. Monday, May 6||10:30-12:30 p.m. Thursday, May 9|
|12:00-12:59 p.m.||8:00-10:00 a.m. Friday, May 10||8:00-10:00 a.m. Tuesday, May 7|
|1:00-1:59 p.m.||1:00-3:00 p.m. Tuesday, May 7||1:00-3:00 p.m. Monday, May 6|
|2:00-2:59 p.m.||3:30-5:30 p.m. Wednesday, May 8||1:00-3:00 p.m. Wednesday, May 8|
|3:00-3:59 p.m.||1:00-3:00 p.m. Friday, May 10||8:00-10:00 a.m. Monday, May 6|
|4:00-4:59 p.m.||1:00-3:00 p.m. Thursday, May 9||3:30-5:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 7|
|5:00-5:59 p.m.||3:30-5:30 p.m. Thursday, May 9||3:30-5:30 p.m. Friday, May 10|
|Monday-Friday May 6 - May 10||6:00-8:00|
|Thursday-Friday May 9 - 10||1:00-3:00|
|Thursday-Friday May 9 - 10||3:30-5:30|
|Monday, May 6, 6:00-8:00p.m.|
|ACTG 210||CHEM 233||ITAL 101||ITAL 102||MATH 140|
|Tuesday, May 7, 6:00-8:00p.m.|
|ACTG 211||FR 101||FR 102||FR 103|
|FR 104||ITAL 103||ITAL 104||MATH 075||MATH 141|
|Wednesday, May 8, 6:00-8:00p.m.|
|MATH 090||MATH 165||PHYS 105||PHYS 141|
|Thursday, May 9, 1:00-3:00p.m.|
|MATH 180||MATH 210||PHYS 142|
|Thursday, May 9, 3:30-5:30p.m.|
|IDS 355||MATH 181|
|Thursday, May 9, 6:00-8:00p.m.|
|MATH 121||MATH 160||MATH 220|
Last Updated: April 22, 2013
- Final examinations, if they are to be given, are given only during the sixteenth week of the semester (eighth week of the summer term). They may not be given earlier.
- What to do if you must miss an exam — Let the instructor know as soon as possible before the exam. If the instructor finds your excuse acceptable, he or she may give you an incomplete and schedule an exam for you at a later date. The instructor is the only individual authorized to permit a student to defer a final exam.
- No formal instruction of any kind may be given during the final examination period.
- The instructor has the option of giving combined section final exams.
Final examinations are scheduled according to the time and day(s) the class meets, and the type of class (lecture, lecture discussion, quiz or laboratory):
- Time and day(s) that class meets. Determines the day on which the exam is scheduled.
- Type of class. When a course involves classes that meet at different times (such as a course with both a lecture and a lab), the time of the course (for purposes of scheduling the exam) is determined by an established order of precedence: lecture, lecture discussion, quiz and laboratory. (For example, if a course meets as both a lecture and as a laboratory, the final exam would be scheduled according to the time at which the lecture meets.)
- Exam Conflicts. The exam schedule is designed to prevent conflicts. But just in case, here is what happens if you have an exam conflict:
- For terms Summer 2011, Fall 2011, Spring 2012 – course listed first in the online Schedule of Classes has precedence.
- For terms Summer 2012, Fall 2012, Spring 2013 – course listed second in the online Schedule of Classes has precedence.
- Regularly scheduled final exams, including Evening Program Courses, have precedence over combined-section exams.
- A student with an exam conflict is responsible for arranging a makeup exam with his or her instructor.
- A student having more than two examinations in a day. No student will be required to take more than two final examinations in one day. Any student having more than two final examinations scheduled in one day is entitled to rescheduling. Students must notify the instructor by November 1 in the fall semester and April 1 in the spring semester to be eligible for rescheduling. To resolve this conflict, the student will be required to take the first two examinations scheduled (according to the posted examinations schedule) in any given day. Any third, fourth or additional final examinations that are scheduled on the same day must be rescheduled and taken on another day within finals week.
- Finals for Evening Program students are held during the sixteenth week of the semester (or eighth week of the 8 week summer term) at the regularly scheduled class time.
- If a class meets more than once a week, the exam should be held on the earlier day of finals week.
- No examination should exceed two hours.
NOTE: Evening Program makeup classes for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Holiday are to be held on the following Friday.