Final Exam Schedule
[For all colleges except health sciences professional colleges]
For the complete Fall 2013 Final Exam Schedule, go to: http://uicweb.net/finals
The final day of instruction for the 16 week fall semester is Friday, December 6th. Final exams are held during the 16th week, from Monday, December 9th through Friday, December 13th. Note: Instructors of courses with non-traditional meeting schedules should contact the Office of Classroom Scheduling to arrange for exam locations. Contact Paula Black at (312) 413-5467 (e-mail email@example.com).
|Classes beginning within this time period.||Meeting Tuesdays and/or Thursdays.||Meeting Mondays and/or Wednesdays and/or Fridays AND those meeting 4 or 5 days a week.|
|8:00-8:59 a.m.||8:00-10:00 a.m. Thursday, December 12||8:00-10:00 a.m. Wednesday, December 11|
|9:00-9:59 a.m.||10:30-12:30 p.m. Wednesday, December 11||10:30-12:30 p.m. Tuesday, December 10|
|10:00-10:59 a.m.||3:30-5:30 p.m. Monday, December 9||10:30-12:30 p.m. Friday, December 13|
|11:00-11:59 a.m.||10:30-12:30 p.m. Monday, December 9||10:30-12:30 p.m. Thursday, December 12|
|12:00-12:59 p.m.||8:00-10:00 a.m. Friday, December 13||8:00-10:00 a.m. Tuesday, December 10|
|1:00-1:59 p.m.||1:00-3:00 p.m. Tuesday, December 10||1:00-3:00 p.m. Monday, December 9|
|2:00-2:59 p.m.||3:30-5:30 p.m. Wednesday, December 11||1:00-3:00 p.m. Wednesday, December 11|
|3:00-3:59 p.m.||1:00-3:00 p.m. Friday, December 13||8:00-10:00 a.m. Monday, December 9|
|4:00-4:59 p.m.||1:00-3:00 p.m. Thursday, December 12||3:30-5:30 p.m. Tuesday, December 10|
|5:00-5:59 p.m.||3:30-5:30 p.m. Thursday, December 12||3:30-5:30 p.m. Friday, December 13|
|Monday, December 9, 6:00-8:00p.m.|
|ACTG 210||CHEM 233||ITAL 101||ITAL 102||MATH 140|
|Tuesday, December 10, 6:00-8:00p.m.|
|ACTG 211||FR 101||FR 102||FR 103|
|FR 104||ITAL 103||ITAL 104||MATH 075||MATH 141|
|Wednesday, December 11, 6:00-8:00p.m.|
|MATH 090||MATH 165||PHYS 105||PHYS 141|
|Thursday, December 12, 1:00-3:00p.m.|
|MATH 180||MATH 210||PHYS 142|
|Thursday, December 12, 3:30-5:30p.m.|
|IDS 355||MATH 181|
|Thursday, December 12, 6:00-8:00p.m.|
|MATH 121||MATH 160||MATH 220|
Last Updated: December 2, 2013
- Final examinations, if they are to be given, are given only during the sixteenth week of the semester (eighth week of the summer term). They may not be given earlier.
- What to do if you must miss an exam — Let the instructor know as soon as possible before the exam. If the instructor finds your excuse acceptable, he or she may give you an incomplete and schedule an exam for you at a later date. The instructor is the only individual authorized to permit a student to defer a final exam.
- No formal instruction of any kind may be given during the final examination period.
- The instructor has the option of giving combined section final exams.
Final examinations are scheduled according to the time and day(s) the class meets, and the type of class (lecture, lecture discussion, quiz or laboratory):
- Time and day(s) that class meets. Determines the day on which the exam is scheduled.
- Type of class. When a course involves classes that meet at different times (such as a course with both a lecture and a lab), the time of the course (for purposes of scheduling the exam) is determined by an established order of precedence: lecture, lecture discussion, quiz and laboratory. (For example, if a course meets as both a lecture and as a laboratory, the final exam would be scheduled according to the time at which the lecture meets.)
- Exam Conflicts. The exam schedule is designed to prevent conflicts. But just in case, here is what happens if you have an exam conflict:
- For terms Summer 2013, Fall 2013, Spring 2014 – course listed first in the online Schedule of Classes has precedence.
- For terms Summer 2014, Fall 2014, Spring 2015 – course listed second in the online Schedule of Classes has precedence.
- Regularly scheduled final exams, including Evening Program Courses, have precedence over combined-section exams.
- A student with an exam conflict is responsible for arranging a makeup exam with his or her instructor.
A student having more than two examinations in a day. No student will be required to take more than two final examinations in one day. Any student having more than two final examinations scheduled in one day is entitled to rescheduling. Students must notify the instructor by November 1 in the fall semester and April 1 in the spring semester to be eligible for rescheduling. To resolve this conflict, the student will be required to take the first two examinations scheduled (according to the posted examinations schedule) in any given day. Any third, fourth or additional final examinations that are scheduled on the same day must be rescheduled and taken on another day within finals week.
- Finals for Evening Program students are held during the sixteenth week of the semester (or eighth week of the 8 week summer term) at the regularly scheduled class time.
- If a class meets more than once a week, the exam should be held on the earlier day of finals week.
- No examination should exceed two hours.
NOTE: Evening Program makeup classes for Labor Day Holiday are to be held on the following Friday.