Congratulations on being admitted to UIC!
A major research university in the heart of one of the world's great cities, UIC provides a world-class education for its students by leveraging the advantages of a strong academic environment with all the cultural, professional and social opportunities found in Chicago.
We’re excited to have you join the UIC community. The information below will help you with your first steps:
- Activate your my.UIC portal account
my.UIC.edu is a portal designed to assist admitted students through the initial enrollment process. After activating your portal account, access the UIC Connect tab to get started.
If you do not have or did not report a U.S. Social Security Number, you have been assigned a Temporary Control Number (TCN). Your TCN will be indicated on your official admission letter.
- Submit Financial Documents (International students only)
- Make sure to submit the requested OIS Financial Documents through the application checklist for the Office of International Services for visa processing. Contact the Office of International Services with inquiries concerning the requests at (312) 996-3121 or by visiting: http://www.ois.uic.edu/.
- Apply for Financial Aid
- To be considered for Federal Aid*, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) which can be found at fafsa.ed.gov . Please note that the FAFSA priority deadline is March 1st.
Contact your program of study regarding other aid options such as assistantships.
*International and non-degree students do not qualify for Federal Aid
- Apply for Campus Housing
- If you want to live on campus, it is important to apply early. Please use the online campus housing application which can be found at www.housing.uic.edu/apply
- Send Final/Official Academic Credentials
- If you were admitted conditionally based on unofficial credentials or an in-progress undergraduate degree program, please be sure to mail the requested sealed academic credentials to our address below prior to the start of the term.
Office of Graduate and Professional Admissions (MC 018)
University of Illinois at Chicago
Chicago, Illinois 60680-7994
Alternatively, you may submit your credentials in person at the Office of Admissions when you arrive on campus, as long as they remain sealed.
Conditionally admitted students are able to register for their term of admission, but cannot register for their second term at UIC until the requested official credentials are received.
- Complete and Submit the Medical Immunization Form
- Students planning to live in on-campus housing will need to complete the On-Campus Housing Medical Immunization Form and mail it to the address on the form.
For additional information, please call (312) 413-0464.