A transfer applicant is one who (1) has completed a minimum of 24 semester or 36 quarter hours of transferable college classroom credit by the time of application and (2) does not meet the definition of a beginning first year or a readmission applicant. While 24 semester or 36 quarter hours are the minimum number of hours required, many curricula require additional credit hours and completion of specific core courses.
*Once a student has earned college credit outside of high school, they must meet the transfer requirements to attend UIC.
Transfer students may apply to the following colleges:
- College of Applied Health Sciences
- College of Architecture and Arts
- College of Business Administration
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- College of Education
- College of Engineering
- College of Nursing
- College of Urban Planning & Public Affairs
- School of Public Health
- Transfer Guides – UIC College/Academic Program worksheets for students to review the transfer admission requirements and plan their academic coursework while attending another college or university.
- u.select – online tool that will help you view program requirements, course equivalencies, and see how courses you have taken or plan to take transfer to UIC.
- itransfer.org – The Illinois Articulation Initiative (IAI) web site. The IAI is a statewide agreement for participating colleges and universities in Illinois. UIC is a participating university.
Individual pre-admission counseling appointments are offered to transfer students who may have questions regarding the application process for their specific programs at the university. Please call (312) 996-4350 to schedule an individual appointment.
If you have disability/access needs, please call (312) 996-4350(voice) or (312) 355-0379 (TTY - for deaf or hearing-impaired callers only) at least one week prior to this event.
For more information on making an appointment, please go to: http://www.uic.edu/depts/oar/undergrad/visit/appointments.html
Students can apply online.