DIVISION 04 -- MASONRY
04 00 00 MASONRY
- Provide mortar net in cavity walls with weeps at 24" o.c.
Weep rope or honeycomb blocks are to be used.
- Back parge cavity walls.
- Provide full head joints.
- Steel plates at lintels shall be held ½" away from
masonry jamb opening.
- Through wall flashing to be "IPCO" type stainless steel drip
edge. All flashing to be dammed at ends and weeped.
- Chicago common brick should not be used.
- Provide horizontal control joints at a minimum of every other
- Only pre-bagged factory batch mix mortar will be allowed. No
field mix allowed.
- For stone work, use non-staining mortar and grout.
- Minimize horizontal masonry surfaces.
long continuous steel shelf angles. Fill 1/2 inch clearance with highly
compressible "Styrofoam" to prevent mortar from entering clearance slot.
- Consider using reinforced masonry lintels in place of steel
- Only concave mortar joints will be allowed. Raked mortar
joints are specifically prohibited.
continuous control joints as recommended by the Brick Institute
Standards. Control joints are to be at the masonry head joints.
- Lintels to be hot dipped galvanized.
- Vent all cavity walls, top and bottom.
- All masonry openings are to be modular.
- The use of brick below finished grade is not allowed.