Senior Engineer- Office for Capital Programs (Job ID #41021)
$60,000 – $90,000
Shift: Days Hours Per Week:
8:00 a.m to 4:30 pm Mon - Friday
Performs professional-level duties in mechanical engineering design; including HVAC, plumbing, fire protection, energy conservation and facilities construction management.
- Develops mechanical project scope and schedules with requesting departments. Reviews mechanical designs, cost estimates and project budgets for complex projects. Reviews the preparation of construction documents. Assists in long term planning for facility improvements and renovations.
- Manages campus mechanical systems, works with Physical Plant in all aspects of mechanical operations.
- Coordinates with peers, in-house trades and client departments. Provides advice and counsel to other UIC Facilities Management departments within the area of expertise.
- Trouble shoots existing systems.
- Coordinates department energy conservation measures and energy grant preparations.
- Bachelor’s degree from an approved college of engineering in Civil, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Certificate of registration as a Registered Professional Engineer from the Illinois Department of Registration and Education.
Three years’ experience in the Healthcare and R&D HVAC design environment. Extensive knowledge of mechanical building systems required. Good working knowledge of non-proprietary direct digital control systems. Broad range of HVAC systems experience preferred including: Dual duct, VAV, constant volume reheat, steam and hot water heating systems, heat pumps, health care and research laboratory environments. Energy conservation project experience preferred. A working knowledge of LEED and Energy Grants.
Strong computer aided design capabilities, AutoCAD, MS Office software experience. Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously. Excellent spreadsheet experience. Works well independently and an excellent technical communicator.
To Apply: For fullest consideration, please complete an online application by clicking the link below AND submit an Exam Request for Senior Engineer.