Title: Engineer- Office for Capital Programs (Job ID #45656) Department: Facilities Management
Category: Civil Service
Close Date: 09/25/2014
Salary Range: $60,000 - $90,000
Shift: Days Hours Per Week: 8:00a.m.-4:30p.m. Mon-Friday
- Develop mechanical project scope and schedules with requesting departments. Review mechanical designs, cost estimates and project budgets for complex projects. Review the preparation of construction documents. Assist the Director of Capital Programs in long term planning for facility improvements and renovations.
- Manage campus mechanical systems, works with Physical Plant in all aspects of mechanical operations.
- Coordinate with peers in-house trades and client departments. Provides advice and counsel to other UIC Facilities Management departments with the area of expertise. Trouble shoots existing systems.
- Coordinates department energy conservation measures and energy Grant preparations.
- Bachelor’s degree from an approved college of engineering in Civil, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering as required by the position to be filled in the area of specialization inherent in the position may be required
**Applicants possessing a Master's degree, in a closely related field, meet the requirements of #1 above.
Four (4) years of experience in the Healthcare and R&D HVAC design environment. Knowledge of mechanical building systems and non-proprietary direct digital control systems. Broad range of HVAC systems experience preferred including; Dual duct, VAV, constant volume reheat, steam and hot water heating systems, heat pumps, healthcare and research laboratory environments. Energy Conservation project experience.
Strong computer aided design capabilities, AutoCAD, MS Office software experience, able to handle multiple projects simultaneously. Works well independently and an excellent technical communicator.
To Apply :