Home » Faculty,Staff,Advisors » Faculty, Staff, & Advisors Initiative
Faculty, Staff, and Advisors Initiative
The Faculty, Staff, and Advisors Initiative program aims to develop relationships with faculty, advisors, programs, and academic colleges at UIC in contributing to student success inside and outside the classroom environment and to provide resources on career goals and development for students.
How can Faculty, Staff, and Advisors work with Career Services?
Invite Career Services into your classroom or group meeting to present on topics focusing on career development and career preparation. Faculty and Advisors can complete our online request form to schedule a Career Services presentation two weeks in advanced.
Promote to students our annual events:
- LAS & Business Mock Interview Workshop (Fall semester)
- On-Campus Job Fair (Fall semester)
- Chicago Graduate & Professional School Fair (Fall semester)
- Education Job Fair (Spring semester)
- Internship Fairs (Fall and Spring semesters)
- Diversity Career Fairs (Fall and Spring semesters)
Encourage students to:
Share with your students these important links:
- UICCareers.com: UIC's online recruiting system where employers post part-time jobs, entry-level positions, internships, and a list of interviewing companies and visiting employers.
- Workshops: career preparation and career development presentations open to all students.
- Career and Internship Fairs: free events for UIC students to find internships or entry-level jobs.
- On-Campus Interviews: graduating students may participate in on-campus interviews by attending a Career Preparation Seminar in their last academic year.
- Main Services: a detailed list of services for current UIC students and alumni of one year.
- Sigi3: an on-line assessment system that provides students with the best educational and career options for their future success.
- Student Employment Office: assists students with on-campus positions and career-related/internship positions.
Participating faculty, staff, and advisors have included career topics in their curriculum, offered extra credit, and encouraged students to use our services. The current participating programs and departments are:
- Architecture, Design, & the Arts
- Council on Teacher Education
- Criminology, Law, & Justice
- Hispanic and Italian Studies
- Honors College
- Kinesiology and Nutrition
- Literatures, Cultural Studies and Linguistics
- Managerial Studies
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Restorative Dentistry
- Spanish/Teaching of Spanish
- Social Work
If you would like to participate, or if you need more information, please call (312)-996-2300 or email us at: email@example.com
[ Back to Top ]