UIC Office of International Affairs

Funding for Activities in Europe

Alexander S. Onassis Public Benefit Foundation. Research grants and educational scholarships for foreign scholars, teachers of the Greek language, and graduate students. These scholarships and grants are intended to encourage research and study in Greece and are open primarily to non-Greek scholars.

German Academic Exchange Service. Grants for study and research in Germany.

Institute of International Education. Fellowship program for young American researchers in professional, policy and public administration-related fields who want to develop a specialized knowledge of the East and Central Europe.

Program for Cultural Cooperation Between Spain's Ministry of Culture and United States' Universities. Grants available for visiting professors, individual research, publications, dissemination and study of Spanish cinema, symposia and seminars, subsidies for professional associations, and dissemination of Spanish culture through the arts. (612) 625-9888 or zimme001@tc.umn.edu

Alexander von Humboldt Foundation: Scholar Awards Program. The Humboldt Foundation awards as many as 500 fellowships annually to highly qualified scholars under 40 years of age to conduct research in Germany. For information about former Humboldt fellows from UIC contact the Office of International Affairs.

Graduate and Postgraduate: Study and Research in Poland. Kosciuszko Foundation, Inc. This program enables American students to pursue a course of graduate or postgraduate study and research in Poland for an academic year or semester. It is also open to university faculty who wish to spend a sabbatical conducting research in Poland. Must possess a working knowledge of the Polish language.

Szent-Gyorgyi Fellowship for Post Doctoral Research in Hungary. The objective of the Fellowship is to enable an increasing number of outstanding Hungarian and foreign researchers living outside Hungary on a permanent basis to contribute to the scientific work carried out in Hungarian institutions of higher education. Fellowship funds come from the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Hungary.